Saturday 13 October 2012

Perks of Being a Wallflower - The Film of the Book that came to life!

So myself and a good friend went to see Perks film on Friday night. I was bowled over by the way the book was accurately filmed. Of course it helped that the author, Stephen Chbosky was also the director of the film, making the book alive in my eyes.

Yes, some of the initial scenes were a little cheesy with Charlie's whole naive attitude to everything. However, this is my only negative.

1. The actors chosen were perfect.

2. The soundtrack was amazing.

3. You related to the characters at every twist of the tale.

4. I laughed and cried as I knew what was coming next, for example during the scene when Charlie deliberately doesn't kiss his girlfriend.

5. The parts about Charlie's mental illness come alive in a way they didn't in the book, due to the use of flash backs.

6. Emma Watson was nothing like Hermione, and played the role of Sam perfectly, despite my reservations.

7. I want to see it again...


Thank you, Stephen Chbosky.


1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen the film yet but I adored the book when I read it. I never knew that Chbosky was the director, though! That's amazing. No wonder the film is getting great reviews.
    Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog by the way. It really made my day!
    Best,
    Grace xo
    http://bonjourgrace.com

    ReplyDelete