So myself and a good friend went to see Perks film on Friday night. I was bowled over by the way the book was accurately filmed. Of course it helped that the author, Stephen Chbosky was also the director of the film, making the book alive in my eyes.
Yes, some of the initial scenes were a little cheesy with Charlie's whole naive attitude to everything. However, this is my only negative.
1. The actors chosen were perfect.
2. The soundtrack was amazing.
3. You related to the characters at every twist of the tale.
4. I laughed and cried as I knew what was coming next, for example during the scene when Charlie deliberately doesn't kiss his girlfriend.
5. The parts about Charlie's mental illness come alive in a way they didn't in the book, due to the use of flash backs.
6. Emma Watson was nothing like Hermione, and played the role of Sam perfectly, despite my reservations.
7. I want to see it again...
Thank you, Stephen Chbosky.